Bobcat pushed the latest OTA update at 03:00 PST today.
The following updates occurred in this OTA:
Bobcat Firmware version updated to 22.214.171.124
Helium Firmware version updated to 2022.07.14.0_GA
Important changes by Helium Firmware: 2022.07.14.0_GA
- Contains fixes to packet delivery to make it more reliable when Hotspots fall offline for a brief period of time
- Contains fixes that will allow Hotspots to transfer packets using the Light Hotspot firmware code (or gateway-rs)
Bobcat has turned off chain sync as required. To hotspot owners this means:
- Your hotspot is always synced and doesn't need to load snapshots.
- There's no need for port-forwarding anymore.
- Even less power consumption now that hotspots no longer need to sync.
As a result, the Diagnoser and the Bobber App will see or expect these changes to take place:
- P2P status report/Peerbook removed from the app
- Gap display removed from the app
- Sync display removed from the app
- Network Status display removed from the app
- Resync, Fast Sync options removed from the Diagnoser
If it’s not obvious already, these are good changes as we’re finally embarking on the journey to the light hotspot era. Less headaches, more network stability.