Aug 25, 2021 - Bobcat pushed the latest OTA update at 00:00 PDT today.
The following updates occurred in this OTA:
Helium Firmware updated to 2021.08.24.4
Bobcat Miner Firmware updated to 22.214.171.124
The 2021.08.24.4 emergency Hotspot firmware release is mandatory for all hotspot manufacturers. It contains important snapshot load fixes and a new blessed snapshot. This is a follow on to the earlier 2021.08.24.1 firmware update and should continue to stabilize block sync for Hotspots. Read the engineering blog for all the details here.
There is no change to the Bobcat Firmware other than the version number, as this release is primarily to update the Helium Firmware.
1. Users can check both Helium and Bobcat firmwares by running the Diagnoser.
2. The '5s, miner slow down' menu item on the diagnoser means this page takes 5 seconds to load, and it will slow down the miner every time it is accessed.
3. Firmware update is scheduled to push in batches. All Bobcat fleet should receive the latest update within 24 hours.
4. Hotspots connected to Ethernet/Wifi will receive these updates automatically. No manual intervention is needed. You do not need to open any ports.
5. Make sure your Helium app version is updated to 3.4.6/3.4.7.