Aug 23, 2021 - Bobcat pushed its latest OTA update at 5:00 am PDT today.
The following updates occurred in this OTA:
Helium Firmware updated to 2021.08.21.0
Bobcat Miner Firmware updated to 184.108.40.206
The updated Helium firmware contains major blockchain-core updates specifically ensuring that snapshots are correctly getting loaded. It also supplies a new snapshot to allow new and un-synced hotspots to continue syncing. Read the Helium engineering blog for all the details here.
The updated Bobcat firmware optimizes the diagnoser, allowing it to load faster when entering the IP address. Additionally, when selecting miner (5s, miner slow down) from the menu, you will now see helium's blockchain_height number added below Bobcat's miner_height number. This was done so users could compare the heights easily, without having to select Blockchain Height from the menu.
1. Users can check both Helium and Bobcat firmwares by running the Diagnoser.
2. The '5s, miner slow down' menu item on the diagnoser means this page takes 5 seconds to load, and it will slow down the miner every time it is accessed.
3. Firmware update is scheduled to push in batches. All Bobcat fleet should receive the latest update within 24 hours.
4. Hotspots connected to Ethernet/Wifi will receive these updates automatically. No manual intervention is needed. You do not need to open any ports.
5. Make sure your Helium app version is updated to 3.4.6/3.4.7.